Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Meg Cabot Appreciation Life

I lived a Meg Cabot book life when I was in middle/high school. I remember checking out the same books over and over again from the library, till at some point I finally bought most of them. Along with Marcus Flutie, the guys from any Sarah Dessen novel, Michael Moscovitz and Jessie de Silvia, were among my literary crushes. While I haven't kept up with what she's written within the last few years, besides the Heather Wells Mysteries (which I also reread recently along with the Boy Books, very quickly forgetting that once I read them, there were no more and I was really sad).

#2 - Royal Wedding

So, the still unconfirmed, but still sort of confirmed, Princess Diaries 3 movie, won't be anything like this, I already know that (and it's fine, I've managed to completely separate them in mind, Princess Diaries 2, was a little too cheesy, but still fun, and Chris Pine, Chris Pine). A lot was going on in this book, including some things I was a little surprised I hadn't picked up on, but I guess they make sense? And somethings I thought were way too on the nose.


#3 - Remembrance 


#4 - From the Notebooks of a Middle-School Princess 

This definitely wasn't within my reading level (probably not even when I was middle school), but it tied in really well with Royal Wedding so it was worth the very quick (it didn't even take an hour), and I liked her illustrations. It would be pretty cool if this series went on past her middle school years, and into her high school years as a princess in Genovia, sort of like passing the torch to the next generation. (Yes, I'll probably read the next one too, shhhh). 

#5 - A Mediator Novella: Proposal  

Just a quick fun read, but it was kind of hard to track down a physical copy (I had to buy it online, but since I needed to spend to get $25 dollars to get free shipping at Barnes and Nobel to get my Harry Potter Funko Pops, it wasn't an actually that big of a deal). I could have read the ebook, but I'm old school, I only read fanfiction online. 

No comments: