Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Diary of the things I want to do,

Before transferring to get my BFA I would have never thought I could do anything outside the medium of photography, but now I've realized that I can do whatever I want. I can make jewelry, draw, take photos, etc. The sky the limit. I think once I graduate I might venture into some new fields.

I want to:

-Draw. Lately I've been drawn between the little colored pencil landscapes I've been doing with these sketchy drawings made with pre-colored paper that I've been dying with watercolor paints and tea. I also have made some larger pieces with oil sticks, so who knows. But I've discovered that drawing is ALOT of fun! (The ! is completely necessary.)

- Sew. I already have a collection of buttons to make eyes for little creatures! I just need to brush up on my sewing skills, but my grandmothers the master so it shouldn't be a terrible problem.

- Bezel set game piece rings. Once I get a job and have more money for the start up fee's I can make a bunch of these. I love soldering things, I've discovered. And I can bezel set other things. Bezel set everything!

I'm still going to take photos, but I realize that if I want to do something else I can. And it's exciting. I want to hit up flee markets and vintage type stores so I can find neat old things to work with. I've already hit up the Salvation Army stores in my area and already have a small stock of pieces to bezel set with that I'm hoping to work on the rest of the semester.

There isn't a point to this other then the realization that I'm not just a photographer. I'm an artist. I can create whatever I want with whatever I want.

No comments: