Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Text + Image Self Portrait Project

For my Photo II Finial we had the assignment Text + Image. Right away I knew I wanted to work with two things for this project: a) color (since it has always alluded me) and b) self portraits. Scans are a little off, but you get the idea. 

Official artist statement:
It’s an understatement to say I’m quiet, but I’m really not. With this project I created a contrast between what people see in me and who I really am. I am ridiculous. I have a habit of doing odd things, such as painting my shoes at two in the morning, or breaking a tripod because of the disaster I made in my room while working on a project. I decided to explore some of these aspects of my personality that I’ve become aware of lately, and to share a side of myself I don’t let everyone see.


Sometimes I pretend to be a wizard.



I get too involved with what I watch.


I have to hold the railing because if I don't I will get distracted and miss a step.



One day I will grow up. 



I used to be self conscience but it took too much work.




I pretend I'm on stage when I'm in the car.  


 I'm a highly skilled dancer.


One day I will realize that twelve hours may be too much sleep. 

No comments: