Saturday, July 17, 2010

Don't You Want to Share the Guilt?

I dont know how more people havent got mental health problems
Thinking is one of those stressful things I've ever come across
And not being able to articulate what I want to say drives me crazy
I think I should read some more books
Learn some new words
My sister used to read the dictionary
I'm going to start with that
I'd like to travel
I want to see India and the pyramids

A whale and that race with all the bicycles in France
I'm not sure about rivers, they scare me
But I love swimming, I'm good at it
And when I swim I count the laps
And this helps me relax
When I was younger I saw a house burn down
I walked past it for the next six years
Derelict, black, chalky and dangerous
I wondered if squatters lived there
I'm still not sure but I know there will never be parties cuz its a shit-hole
After a while the council got round to tidying the town
They decided it was an eyesore so they tore it down
Behind the house was a wall with a few bits of crabby graffiti and the word 'Cunt' written in giant letters
And now I walk past that
I like going to the park
And I like walking through it
I like taking my dogs there
And friends, and I like being alone
I like being able to shout
But I wish I could be quiet
When I'm quiet people just think I'm sad
And usually I am
Sometimes when I'm at a really noisy train station
Somewhere with the fast trains like Kings Cross
I feel like putting down my bags and shouting things out because I've got something to say.

-Kate Nash

No comments: